April 30, 2014

Homeschooling ADHD/ADD


I have ADHD. In case you are not familiar with this term it means Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder. I hate that last word. Disorder means "a disturbance in physical or mental health or functions; malady
 or dysfunction" Can you believe that! "Dysfunction". I call it my Super Power(The Chosen are ADHD/ADD who are blessed in disguised with these "disorders").

 I can do and accomplish so many tasks in my mind because my brain works much faster. So I sometimes twitch in my chair. I have more energy. Well today, If you have this AWESOME super power and need to control it a little better(just in case people are a little jealous of your fast brain and abundance of energy). I have a simple solution. 

                                                  Homeschooling

   
  • Having much more free time for art and music which have been cut from many schools.
  • Get up and move when you want. Random Dancing!! 
  • Wiz  through subjects that are easy and to spend more time on subjects that are difficult. 
  • Less pressure to "Act Normal" (but why hide your power? If they don't like you for you, they are not worth your time.)
  • Going to the bathroom when you want. That is actually one of my favorite things about homeschooling

Here are the four things you need to know to start off homeschooling. 

1. Don't copy what they did in Public School. It didn't work there, it's not going to work here.

2. Be creative!! Pintrest and Learnist are great sites to get ideas

3. For ADHD/ADD computer is 100x easier than books. You move your fingers and hands while learning. It is a better choice for "The Chosen". We tend to be kinetic(movement driven) learners 

4. Supplies These are objects that will make homeschooling more fun and ADHD/ADD friendly. I also recommend getting a Yoga ball for your child's seat. This allows us to gently bounce and work at the same time! You don't NEED these items but 1,3,4 and 10 in  This *Click* post of my blog. 

Worried about cost? 
 Homeschool Classifieds has used curriculum for CHEAP

Worried about what to choose?  

I heard this is amazing. I am starting this next year!! I am SUPER excited! It is Christian Based.

This is an online secular curriculum that helps kids catch up. If your kids are behind this is proven to help out. I have heard it is really good but haven't  tried it due to my longing for christian based curriculum. 


HSLDA

This is like the bible of homeschooling. Any question you have on homeschooling is answered on this site. 

Khan Academy

I am convinced this website could teach your child rocket science and Brain surgery. They have so many fun programs that teach ALL subjects. I did computer programming and it rocked. The Math section is the best though. They have a creative way to teach numbers-Super Calculus(haha) These are the courses...


 

Tebow Law

This law allows homeschoolers to do sports and activities through public school! I am going to rejoin Orchestra!

Good Idea

This is a good way to increase brain function during the day. I personally looked forward to doing this everyday. I don't do it anymore, but when I did it was like a surprise every morning! It was free too!


Homeschool Family

This is our theme song Brought to you by: Tim Hawkins!




No comments: